With endorsements from The Financial Times, The Los Angeles Times and a roster of long-standing clients, we’re proud to reveal our true identity.
After several years working at other agencies, founder Julie Weinhouse felt that she could disrupt the industry with the application of a few key efficiencies. Her unique changes to the standard operating systems worked and they’ve kept HERO an industry leader for 20 years.
This is the HERO system:
- With our manageable roster, the Client Extranet and a lean staff (ok, there’s Spanx under our unitards), HERO is positioned to optimize every possible opportunity, keep overhead down and, to coin a phrase, pass the savings on to you.
- Brands have specific images, targeted demos and stories. HERO’s entire staff learns our client’s branding intricacies and finds the placements to amplify them. We provide natural, seamless product placement integrations without compromising our client’s or production’s creative message.
- We maintain an on-premise warehouse so productions get what they need when they need it. Moreover, the Client Extranet’s inventory control keeps us up-to-the-minute on the whereabouts of our clients’ property.
- HERO handles all legal clearances and contracts.
- The Client Extranet offers up-to-the-minute reports on all projects, provides the ability to download streamed media with estimated impressions and media values, and the opportunity to create reports on the fly.
Okay, so maybe we’ve never untied someone from train tracks or thwarted an evil scientist bent on destroying the world, but we do have a kryptonite-proof reputation, an office full of happy associates and a roster of pleased clients. And that makes us feel, well, super.
Julie Weinhouse, Principal
When the Los Angeles Times referred to HERO as Product Placement with a Conscience it served as validation in print for all the efforts Julie Weinhouse has made since opening the agency in 1997. Now a well-established boutique agency handling a limited roster of national and internationally known brands, she has earned another confirmation of her ethical hard work; the majority of the clients HERO represents have been with the agency for nearly a decade. The agency can boast delivering billions of impressions and hundreds of millions of dollars in media values to its clients.
Julie has served as the Entertainment Resources Marketing Association’s Treasurer for two terms (2003-2004), winning the second term as a write in candidate. Though supported by an excellent team, she remains in charge of day-to-day operations, overseeing the management of all accounts, keeping her presence and influence vital.
HERO is a certified women owned business by WBENC.
Steve Ochs, Principal
Steve has been with HERO since its inception. An experienced show business veteran, his work as writer and producer has been seen on every major network and many cable networks as well. This behind the scenes experience offers HERO clients a great insider’s advantage.
As member of the Writers Guild of America, SAG and AFTRA, Steve has accumulated an eclectic list of credentials and insider friends. His creative input has helped HERO clients find a place in productions that otherwise never would have known they needed them. Steve lends his voice to all matters including company direction, branding and sales.